Views
Helpful
Replies

ssh v2 from lms 2.5 cs30 sp1 rme4.01 cm 4.01 w2ksp4

craig5571
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to setup sshv2 from within campus manager , topology services, and its says the following

Specifying SSH Client

Procedure

From the Microsoft Windows desktop, select Start > Settings > Control Panel > Java Plug-in.

The Java Plug-in Control Panel appears.

Click Advanced.

In the Java Runtime Parameters field, enter the path to an SSH client executable.

For example, if the ssh executable is located at E:\PROGRA~1\SSHCOM~1\SSHSEC~1\ssh2.exe,

add the following in the the Java Runtime Parameter field:-DCMSSH=E:\PROGRA~1\SSHCOM~1\SSHSEC~1\ssh2.exe

(Directory and file names must follow the 8.3 naming format.)

Click Apply.

my question is this, if I add the runtime parameters for ssh, will I still be able to use regular telnet as well, we have a mixed environment that uses SSH as well as telnet. and I need to be able to do both?

So, by adding the runtime parameters to the java client for ssh , will I still be able to use regular telnet as well as ssh? or will this change force me to only use ssh..

thanks

1 Reply 1

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

I think if you setup the runtime parameters for ssh, you will not be able to telnet. What will happen is that you have to configure the whole system to use ssh. Or if you want to stick to telnet I would advise you not to move to ssh environment. Hope it clarifies.