cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch for 1000 users support

kashifzai86
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a mini ISP in Hyderabad, of 1000 users. I m using Cisco 3560e 48TD switch as my core network switch and cico 3750 as trunk to other media converters end to other areas..

I want to know is that switch works fine for me??

I have approx 800mbps WAN Bandwidth and Data server for LAN users to fetch data from my internally places web server... 

Please do let me know suggestions 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Can I make them as an BGP?? (they won't provide me AS Numbers)

BB - If you do not have AS number stay away and do with Static and PDR and Loadbalance to minimise the downtime, when the one of ISP uplink fails.

yes, you can use any refurbished, higher model so you get better service quality (this is only suggestion to save cost.) most of the devices are End of Life, that does not mean you can not use, you can use it but there is no support.

if i were you i build redundency network and keep some stocks since the cost of the device is very low to replace.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Spoiler

Thanks Balaji

Appreciated

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/switch-selector.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be this is not Pure Cisco Solutuion, I have implemented several solution like this your continent and area.

Build Good Linux Server which act as  ISP router, Use refurbished 3750X  switches many available in the market for cheaper price to terminate your pop and users. since that support good features.

To be honest your business case can not be able buy 9200/9300 or any of 3850 Switches. (this is my personal suggestions).

ISP ---Linux router with QOS ----(trunk) Core switches act as 3750X (Stack) with Gigabit ----Different Area POP and Switches..-----Users

BB

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@kashifzai86 wrote:

I have approx 800mbps WAN Bandwidth and Data server for LAN users to fetch data from my internally places web server

Look at the Nexus solution.  Catalyst switches are not ideal for DC work.

i do not believe user deploying DC solution here...he is looking ISP solution to distribute the internet bandwidth to 1000 Home users. in various locations.

BB

Thanks Balaji for understanding the situation here. Well my current scenario is like this:-

ISP1 & ISP2 ----- Mikrotik CCR 1036 (both ISP Connect individually to my CCR Ports) -----Cisco 3560e (1G port with miktorik in LAN)-----Cisco (3750) for Area Media's converter PoPs --- Users ruuning pppoe client

Is this Architecture is Fine???

Regards

KK

Sure MiKrotik is good example use case for your kind of setup ( I have not used after 6.X release) - as long as it has all the capabilites, with IP SLA, PBR, hopefully you running static routes with ISP (of BGP). you are good here. Since its cost effective

For high resiliance purpose. use 2 Mikrotic (active/ Standby) , your network switches ok, but i still prefer  Buy 3750X, Refurbished from Market, they have good switching compare to legacy models you have.

ISP Delivering Ethernet, Terminate in to Switch (both the ISP) - like below

ISP1----|  Switch | Mikrotik1|-----|3750X Stack |-----POP Swicheets 3750X --------users

ISP2----|              | Mikrotik2| ----|                     |

Build OSPF between Core and Pop with redundant Link , so if one fails other take over automatically.

Make sense ?

BB

Thanks Balaji for your guidance & appropriate way forward...

I'm using Mikroitk for (Load Balancing with Failover capability between ISP + Policy Based Routing), I'm not running BGP with my ISP, my ISP provided me two static IP Link over SFP (1G)..

Can I make them as an BGP?? (they won't provide me AS Numbers)

Another Thing, Can I use Cisco 4948e instead of Cisco 3750g or Cisco 3560e, as this Cisco 4948e is available here in market Easily.

Regards

KK

Can I make them as an BGP?? (they won't provide me AS Numbers)

BB - If you do not have AS number stay away and do with Static and PDR and Loadbalance to minimise the downtime, when the one of ISP uplink fails.

yes, you can use any refurbished, higher model so you get better service quality (this is only suggestion to save cost.) most of the devices are End of Life, that does not mean you can not use, you can use it but there is no support.

if i were you i build redundency network and keep some stocks since the cost of the device is very low to replace.

BB

Spoiler

Thanks Balaji

Appreciated

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card