Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch issue...

kbt88888
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Been trying to figure this for past week...

I have a wireless AP connecting to a gigabit Cisco switch lets say Port 23, then i have a LAN cable connecting to same switch let's say Port 26.

- If i connect to the wifi in office, my bandwidth is 3 times better than i connected to LAN.

- I tried to switch the cable from Port 23 to 26 and Port 26 to 23 to see if make any difference and result is the same.

- So i did more tests... as long as i connecting to wifi (it can be any Port number), my speed is much better as compared to LAN cable.

Any idea what should i check? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

= How do you measure the bandwidth ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi,

I tried iperf and basically also FTP some big files over... result is quite consistent. Once connected to LAN, the speed will drop to less than 10mbps (round 8 or 9), but once connected to wifi (which also connected to same switch), the speed will increase to around 40mbps. I even tried changing the network cable as well.

Thanks

-  1) Check switch logs for   show logging for general errors 2) use show interface status ..  and look  for port errors 3) make sure no weird port settings are used such as QoS , if need set interface to default values with default int  x/y and try again.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: