Views
Helpful
Replies

Synchronize archive

dominoforever
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I would like to backup the config of all devices but I have an error whan I launch the Sync Archive.

See the error below:

Hello,

The following is the status of your Sync Archive job:

Job ID         : 1637

Status         : Job Failed(1)

Description   : test sync

Details       : http://ciscolms.domain.local:1741/rme/DcmaJobDetails.do?jobid=1637

Start Date and Time : Mon Aug 08 11:02:14 CEST 2011

End Date and Time   : Mon Aug 08 11:03:23 CEST 2011

RME Server Name/IP : ciscolms.domain.local

Execution Summary  

Pending         : 0

NotAttempted     : 0

Successful       : 0

Failed           : 1

Partial Success : 0

I don't know if I forgot something, could you please help me?

Kind regards,

Sébastien

45 Replies 45

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HiSébastien,

Kindly send me the below information:

--output of pdshow

Enable the Debugging for RME > Admin> system preferences >Appication log level settings >Archive Management

--clear the dcmaservice.log

--now Re-run the job again..

---collect the dcmaservice.log and Job folder and send me that as well..

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Sorry I forgot to paste the result of the job.

1.192.168.254.1VLANRUNNINGAug 03 2011 15:06:34TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET  connection to 192.168.254.1 - Cause: connect timed out. VLAN Config fetch is not  supported using TFTP. Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device VLAN  Config fetch is not supported using RCP.
2.192.168.254.1PRIMARYRUNNINGAug 03 2011 15:05:40TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET  connection to 192.168.254.1 - Cause: connect timed out. PRIMARY-RUNNING config  Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Could not detect SSH protocols running on the  device Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not.

Afroj, I have LMS 4.0. Which module do I need to enable in the discovery logging configuration?

Kind regards.

Hi,

Go to

Admin > System: Debug Settings > Config and Image Management Debugging

selcect Archive Management..

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi,

I can't clean the file dcmaservice.log, which process do I need to stop and start? ConfigMgmtServer?

Thanks,

Seb

Hi,

Browse to the below directory and run this cmd:

NMSROOT\log>logrot_trunc dcmaservice.log

Thanks

Afroj

I restarted the service ConfigMgmtServer and then it was fine. How can I send to you the log file?

Thanks,

Seb

I modified the Default Credential Set with Standard, SNMP et HTTP Credential but I always have the same errors.

Like this :

1.192.168.254.1VLANRUNNINGAug 03 2011 15:06:34TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET  connection to 192.168.254.1 - Cause: connect timed out. VLAN Config fetch is not  supported using TFTP. Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device VLAN  Config fetch is not supported using RCP.
2.192.168.254.1PRIMARYRUNNINGAug 03 2011 15:05:40TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET  connection to 192.168.254.1 - Cause: connect timed out. PRIMARY-RUNNING config  Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Could not detect SSH protocols running on the  device Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Hi seb,

You need to attached the dcmaservice.log file along with the Job folder of the Last job that you have ran for the Sync Archive..

Thanks

Afroj

See the log file attached.

Thanks.

I tested credential verification and I juste habe Read Community which are good.

Why for the others I have No Value To Test?

Thanks

Hi seb,

Are you using any Custom Prompts on your device ?

Kindly attached the screen shot when you do a telnet or ssh to the device ..

Thanks

Afroj

Hi Afroj,

What do you mean for Custom Prompts?

Thanks

Hi Afroj,

did my previous email help you?

Thanks.

Hi Seb,

Send me this file : TACASPROMPTS.ini    (location :NMSROOT\objects\cmf\data)

Thanks

Afroj