cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL script failing

cscotty1972
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to TCL scripting and am in need of some guidance.  I have a script that should power cycle some voice ports when a user dials a set number.  I am running into an issue with the application running the script.  I have added the information in the attachment.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you're trying to run a tclsh script through IVR Tcl.  The two are not compatible, but I don't do anything with IVR, so I cannot tell you if you can execute config commands from those scripts.  You might try cross-posting to one of the voice forums (dealing with multi-service voice, most likely).

Joe,

Thanks for letting me know the 2 are not compatible.  I will check in the voice forums to see if this is possible.  Again thanks.

Joe,

Would you know if it is possible to point a TCL script to EEM applet?  I have not had any luck finding anyone on the voice side to respond to this.  I have an EEM applet that is currently working but it uses OID of a voice port to trigger the EEM.  Maybe it is possible to create a TCL that points to the EEM?  I have not had any luck finding information on this.  Any thoughts?  Thanks

I don't know from an IVR standpoint what capabilities are available to Tcl.  It will depend on what kind of things you can trigger.  If you can trigger syslogs, those could trigger an EEM policy to run.  If you can run CLI commands, then you could execute an EEM policy that is registered with the "none" event detector (i.e., event manager run POLICY).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: