cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Teams/Zoom audio drops every 15 minutes

DavidBigfoot
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange issue with Teams/Zoom video conferencing.  Almost on the dot every 15 minutes incoming audio drops for 3-5 seconds. Video keeps playing. 

Our setup is a Sophos XG firewall, with C9300 Layer3 stack and a C2960x Layer 2 stack.

Today I was connected directly to our ISP during the meeting and had no audio issues. My manager was also in the meeting, connected through the network and had numerous drops.

Any suggestions or help would be appriciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DavidBigfoot
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you everyone for suggestions. After doing some extensive testing with my ISP it has been determined that the problem is our firewall. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

arun428750
Level 1
Level 1

First time hearing such issues. Can you please sniff the packet. Make sure, no halfduplex or CRC Errors in interfaces. Zoom u tried with multiple devices through wifi probably. did you tried with direct lan connection. voice prioritization can be try with dscp values. If you sniffing the packets through wireshark, you can get some idea, whats happened in 15min. 

It is both through WiFi and direct lan connection. I have ran wireshark. It doesnt show anything that I could tell because the incoming packets never get to the computer its running on.

Hello,

I would (if possible) connect a host directly to the Sophos, then to the 9300, then to the 2960X, that way, you should be able to find out which device is causing this.

That was my next thought. Was just hoping someone had this issue before. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware are the 9300 and 2960X on?

My 9300 is on 16.08.01a

My 2960 is on 15.2(4)E6

@DavidBigfoot wrote:
My 9300 is on 16.08.01a

I would say the problem is the firmware.  
Either downgrade to a long-live firmware, like 17.3.X or 17.6.X, but avoid short-live firmware version like 16.8.1.

Hi David,

You can use show interface commands on 2960 and 9300. It will show whether there are CRC errors or other errors.

Thank you,

Gayan

DavidBigfoot
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you everyone for suggestions. After doing some extensive testing with my ISP it has been determined that the problem is our firewall. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: