telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

i can ping router and from router can ping pc

need help please

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Verify the vty settings in the running configuration , make sure it includes transport input telnet

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Verify the vty settings in the running configuration , make sure it includes transport input telnet

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I think we need to see the complete configuration of vty, and in fact might need to see the complete configuration. The suggestion from @marce1000 is a good starting point, but it is quite possible that you will not see transport input telnet and that not be a problem. We are not sure what model of router this is, the default for most Cisco routers is transport input all. So telnet would be included but would not show up in running config.

In looking at the vty config we would want to be sure about what transport is specified and also to see if access-class is used with the vty. I would also want to see the interface configuration, especially to see if any access-group is applied which might impact telnet.

HTH

Rick

i cant post any code because of syntax error sign in red (

I am not seeing anything in red. If there are problems in posting code then we may need to find other ways to look into this. If you are connected on the console, can we assume that you have enable privileges for your session? Perhaps the output of show log might contain messages that shed some light on this? Or perhaps turn on debug for telnet, attempt telnet from the PC, on the console do show log and post debug output.

HTH

Rick

I try to post code, but they blocked message. it's not solved at all (

I am surprised that you had problems in posting the output. The error message seems to indicate that the community detected that you attempted to post it multiple times. I would have thought that at least the first one should have gotten through.

HTH

Rick

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I cant connect to my router (cisco 881)

What is the Device IP address from you trying to connect ?

If you have console access - please post running config.

the URL provided not given full Telnet config (like VTY lines config)

if you follow the document and configured are you able to SSH ? (since the document restricted to SSH only) so telnet not going to work.

as soon as you issue this command :

R1(config)#line vty 0
R1(config-line)#transport input ssh 

No More telnet works, Try  and test it.

R1(config)#line vty 0
R1(config-line)#transport input all

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help