cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

timeout tftp transfert to flash (C2960X-24TS-LL + 48TS-LL)

latoulousaine
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I allow myself to post following research which has given nothing

I encounter a transfer error on two switch models
C2960X-24TS-LL
C2960X-48TS-LL

Fault:
% Error reading tftp: //my-ip/c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-7.E4.bin (Connection timed out)

attempted resolutions:

- TFTPD64 parameters: Timeout 5 (3 basic), Max retransmit 10 (6 basic)

- Switch parameter: ip tftp blocksize 8192

--
-- switch version: 152-6.E2 New version to upload: 152-7.E4 I have other switches on which the transfer is OK without modifying anything C2960X-48FPD-L C2960X-24PD-L C2960X-48TD-L C2960S-48TS-S C2960X-48LPS-L I don't understand why it doesn't work on C2960X-24TS-LL C2960X-48TS-LL thanks in advance
3 Replies 3

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Is the configuration identical on all the switches? Is the config on the working switches  identical to switch that is not working? Are you using the management interface or an svi on the switch?

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Hi,

Is the configuration identical on all the switches?
Is the config on the working switches  identical to switch that is not working?

- The "interface configuration" is not the same, but the admin and other management parametres is the sames

Are you using the management interface or an svi on the switch?

- I use the putty SSH connection for managed the switch

Can i use my Cisco PRIME server for upgrading my switch? If yes, how to do it please?

Thx

Am I correct in understanding that you get the connection timed out error and there is no indication that any data transferred? That suggests that there might be some issue at the server. Some possible issues might include: problems in accessing the server, or something in the file name is not correct, or the image file is not in the correct directory, or issues with permissions on access for that file. Steps that I would suggest to investigate the issue include:

- attempt the tftp transfer, and then check the logs on the server. Does the server report the attempt to access? Does the server report success or failure for the attempt to access?

- run debug for tftp and attempt the transfer. post the debug output.

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: