cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services issue - LAN Edge view renames gone, VTP view missing APs

simon.bell
Level 1
Level 1

We're seeing a couple of issues with Topology Services: All our renamed LAN Edge View Networks are reverted back to "SwitchCloud-xx", APs are not showing up under the VTP Views and some SwitchClouds have more than one cloud under the same tree.

Anyone else seeing this?

LMS 3.0.1

CM 5.0.2

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The problem with APs is bug, CSCso94546. A patch is available through the TAC. This has been an issue with LMS 3.0 in general. If you are just noticing this, I assume you recently upgraded from LMS 2.6? I have never seen an issue with nested switch clouds, but switch clouds could be "reverting" if the underlying device IDs changed. An upgrade may account for this.

I ran into this bug in early April and applied the patch provided. however it looks like the problem has reverted. Any suggestions?

If you applied any service packs after applying the patch, that may have overwritten the patched files.

we haven't applied any patches. the only thing we've done recently is cleared the JSP cache for an RME problem we were seeing. No new installations.

Verify that the installed NMSROOT/campus/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/ani/server/topo/ComputeRBMap$CdpWalkTopoGroup.class and ComputeRBMap.class match the ones provided to you in the patch. The patch will not stop working on its own.

That said, there was a bug in CM 5.0.2 which could cause Data Collection not to work properly. Upgrading to Campus 5.0.3 will fix it, and it will not overwrite these patched files.

I verified the patches are in the location specified and also compared the md5 hash from the original files I received to the files on the server:

ComputeRBMap$CdpWalkTopoGroup.class MD5 Hash: a60015b10d9e6d89dc94a2a1a80f9252

ComputeRBMap.class MD5 Hash: 2957f81f33bf3fb142fff393d885738e

I'll try the CM patch next i guess.

sb

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco