Views
Helpful
Replies

Topology Services not showing devices.

shoaib.usmani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

When I go to CM>Topology Services>Network Views>Layer 2 View, it is only showing my LAN devices and 1 WAN Router.

But when I check the CM>Topology Services>Network Views>Unconnected Devices View, it has all of the LAN and WAN devices in there and all are Reachable.

I have also checked Common Services> Device and Credentials>Device Management, and I can see all the devices there.

Can anyone please help me in getting a decent Topology Map?

Regards,

Shoaib.

9 Replies 9

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you right click on one of these devices and select Rediscover do you see any change? Are these devices specific types? Do they have CDP connectivity, that is, do you see the other neighbors from show cdp neig?

Are there any devices like Pix in between them?

- They are ADSL/SDSL Routers CISCO837 and CISCO878.

- CDP is enabled on all of them.

- There is no firewall in between them.

- I tried right clicking them in Unconnected Device View, but could not find the rediscover option.

- As I said, they all say reachable in Unconnected Device View, but they don't come up in Layer 2 View apart from a couple of routers.

Cheers.

Are these routers showing as a ? or CiscoProducts.XXX?

The reason I ask is that the 878 was added to CM 4.0.3, which CM service pack are you running? I am looking to see if the 837 is supported or not.

Cisco878 are coming up as CiscoProduct.570.

I am using CM 4.0.3.

The devices are coming up as reachable but I can not plot them on Layer 2 View Topology Map.

Please have a look at the files attached.

Cheers.

Here is one more file.

According to this there are no CDP neighbors on any of these devices. Just because CDP is enabled does not mean that you will have neighbors. For example, if these devices are connected via IPSec tunnels, you will not see CDP neighbors across the WAN. However, if "show cdp nei" shows connected neighbors on these unconnected devices, then perhaps there is an SNMP bug in the CISCO-CDP-MIB or a Campus Manager bug or a Campus Manager config issue (i.e. the CDP neighbors are excluded from the Data Collection filter).

Start by checking show cdp nei for one of the devices showing up in the Unconnected Devices view.

I issued 'show cdp ne' on a few routers and they are showing up their neighbour in their LANs, not on the WAN.

For example, I am in London, if I telnet any router in Manchester and issue 'show cdp ne', it only shows the switch connected to that at the same site as a neighbour but it doesn't show the London or any other WAN site router as a neighbour.

Is this the thing I need to look at?

Cheers.

Well, if the WAN neighbors do not show up, then you won't see WAN links on the topo map. However, if those devices have LAN neighbors, and those neighbors are not filtered out of Data Collection, then they should show up as being connected on the topo map. Check your filters, and make sure that the IP address of the LAN neighbor is either included in the include list or excluded from the exclude list.

I don't have anything set in include or exclude list. Let me have a look more deeply and I get back.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: