cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk not working over FibreChannel? Access is working!

Paul113331
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I have an Catalyst 3750X and a SG300-28P Small business switch.

I got it to work to connect both on a RJ-45 connector (Copper) and configured trunk on both sides. 

Configured vlan and it is working flawlessly.

Now I am coming to my production environment there I don`t get it to work :-(

The difference is, that in production the data goes over a fibre-cable. Both sides of the fibre has a media converter.

On one side we have a media converter called "Converter Chassis CR-1600B" and on the other side we have "HTB-1100S".

Right now the fibre channel is configured as access port. In "switchport mode access" it is working normal. When I change it to trunk, it is not working.

Can somebody help me out here

Thank you

Paul

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
In "switchport mode access" it is working normal. When I change it to trunk, it is not working.

Maybe on the 3750X, you forgot to use the interface command "switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q".

Sadly not.

As I wrote I have tested it successfully in trunk mode without the fibre cable between.

Can it be that the media converter don`t forward trunk? (When this sounds now completely crazy I am sorry I don`t have a clue about fibre)

I have also tested two new gigabit media converter from d-Link but they cannot at least connect to each other. Can it be that the fibre cable is crap? With the old media converter 100FastEthernet I got at least a "access"-connectivity.

Thanks

Post the output to the command "sh interface trunk".