Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to monitor Transmit and Receive sensor

Hi all, i am trying to get value using SNMP for Te1/0/1 Transmit Power Sensor and Te1/0/1 Receive Power Sensor on cisco 3850:

Model Number                       : WS-C3850-12XS

Switch Ports Model              SW Version        SW Image              Mode

------ ----- -----              ----------        ----------            ----

*    1 16    WS-C3850-12XS      03.07.04E         cat3k_caa-universalk9 INSTALL

CISCO-OPTICAL-MONITOR-MIB says i can use OID starting with 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.264 but i receive no response from switch with snmp tester. Is my 3850 "not able" to do it or else ? Many others OID are working fine on this 3850 and cli sh int Te trans detail works fine too.

Many thanks for help if possible.

Regards.

Hervé.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may have a try with the latest advisory software release for the 3850 and check if that makes any difference.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may have a try with the latest advisory software release for the 3850 and check if that makes any difference.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for quick reply, i will ask client to upgrade software version before going any further.

Regards

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the out come of below command :

show interfaces gigabitEthernet e1/0/1 transceiver detail

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi, I have PRTG sensor for monitoring SFP levels by SSH - for this case.

Because sometimes we can not upgrade software in short time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog

Hi Oleg, thanks for the reply i am interested in testing this sensor .. but after all i have just for Cisco 3850 to monitor and i wonder if these 3850 are worthy to spend time in deploying such sensors...

So if you feel kind enough to show me how your sensor works, it will be very appreciated, but i will use it only if strongly needed.

Thanks and regards.

Hello!

https://github.com/OlegPowerC/sfpddmssh

This sensor can do it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog

Hi Oleg, thanks for sharing it, i will try it.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: