cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Two or more then two different network on single switch. How i solve this Scenario??

GopalTimilsina
Level 1
Level 1

What mechanism should try for below scenario.? 

Capture.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Seen it before several times in or for CCIEs RS studies: Cisco C360 does it, IPExperts did it, and INE CCIE wbks.
This is done with Vlans and 802.1Q Encap on Ethernet to separate traffic at or going via switches. Vlans will keep B-cast domain separated traffic. And 802.1Q give us possibility to have 1 router interface in many different vlans, aka subnetworks.
1 vlan per subnet or per network.
and since u need some routing done, u need a common subnet shared between routers. a router cannot have 2 its own interfaces in the same network (subnet) but to share info , 2 routers must be on the same subnet.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

Is that IP addressing real? 

Well I am also the student, How can I route this network do you have any idea? Shall i do vlan and assign IP address.

share your pt file with us
if I find pt example , i share it as well

one of examples for you , see Pt file in post #24,
https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/message/567942#567942

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Seen it before several times in or for CCIEs RS studies: Cisco C360 does it, IPExperts did it, and INE CCIE wbks.
This is done with Vlans and 802.1Q Encap on Ethernet to separate traffic at or going via switches. Vlans will keep B-cast domain separated traffic. And 802.1Q give us possibility to have 1 router interface in many different vlans, aka subnetworks.
1 vlan per subnet or per network.
and since u need some routing done, u need a common subnet shared between routers. a router cannot have 2 its own interfaces in the same network (subnet) but to share info , 2 routers must be on the same subnet.

Edwin Portillo
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi friend,

Depending on the scenario you have, there are Layer 2 (switch) and 3 (routers) devices. The correct way to understand it is to create vlan in the switches and these vlan are associated with the ports; while the router understands the packets, but the traffic generated by the switch frames the router, what it does is encapsulate through the dot1Q standard in each subinterface to satisfy each request of the connected user, for example:

VLAN 2
Interface Vlan 2
Ip address 192.168.10.2

Interface range fa0/1-5
Switchport mode access
Switchport access vlan 2

You will do the same in the other switches for each vlan you have and do not forget to associate the ports

On the router it creates subinterfaces:

Interface g0/0
No shutdow

Interface g0/0.2
Encapsulation dot1Q 2
Ip address 192.168.10.1

In the links that connect between switches you must apply Etherchannel since it allows the logical grouping of several Ethernet physical links, this grouping is treated as a single link and allows to add the nominal speed of each used Ethernet physical port and thus obtain a high trunk link. speed.

LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol) is the "open" option of the protocol. The operation is very similar to that of PAgP with the difference that in this case the roles are assigned to each of the ends in the system priority, which is satisfied with 2 priority bytes plus 6 MAC.

The priority of the port is the lower value indicates higher priority. In this case, up to 16 links can be defined for each EtherChannel.

Below we detail the different operating modes:

In: the strength of the ports to establish the Ether Channel (Disables LACP).
Off: prevents the EtherChannel from being established.
Passive: Place the port waiting to receive LACP packets to negotiate the EtherChannel.
Active: establishes that the port sends packets to start the negotiation with EtherChannel.

Switch-A(config)#interface range fastEthernet 0/23-24
Switch-A(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode active
Switch-A(config-if-range)#channel-protocol lacp

Switch-B(config)#interface range fastEthernet 0/23-24
Switch-B(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode active
Switch-B(config-if-range)#channel-protocol lacp

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Kindly talk to your instructor so he/she can provide proper guidance.
The answers we provide can be construed as incorrect and you might get a bad grade.