cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete device unrecheable on Cisco Prime 3.0

SupportAC
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to delete a device from Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0. When we try to delete it from inventory we get the following error:

Delete Device(s) Failed: xx.xx.xx.xx. Please see ifm_inventory.log to get initial information. Please contract system administrator for further details.

We have checked the logs and just appears this message:

2015-11-15 16:45:13,066 [http-bio-443-exec-10] INFO logging - IFM InventoryService info processSQL: null.
2015-11-15 16:45:23,829 [http-bio-443-exec-6] INFO logging - IFM InventoryService info processSQL: null.
2015-11-15 16:45:39,402 [http-bio-443-exec-1] INFO logging - IFM InventoryService info processSQL: null.

We have no conectivity with this device. If I try to delete other devices I can do it correctly.

We have tried to restart the ncs (ncs stop and ncs start) but the same error follows. Please , can anybody tell me what could be the problem?

Regards,

8 Replies 8

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Prime is buggy so probably hit something, if you access root you can delete any device ip using this , i hit a bug before an DE gave me this below an it worked

access root

then access cd /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/ 

Then run this an replace with the ip address you want to remove

./sql_execution.sh "delete from ipaddress where replace(ipaddress_address,' ','') in ('172.21.229.53')";

Then commit the change

./sql_execution.sh "commit";

Hello Mark thanks for your answer.

We have tried as you told us, but nothing happened....

ade # ./sql_execution.sh "delete from ipaddress where replace(ipaddress_address,' ','') in ('xx.xx.xx.xx')";

1 row deleted.

ade # ./sql_execution.sh "commit";

Commit complete.

But we still see the device on inventory, and if we try to delete the device same error than before appears. Please can you tell us what to do?

Regards,

As we can see from bug CSCuw41448 there is fixed release 3.0(2). I have 3.0(3) and this error too. Reinstall helps but it is too long. Does anybody fixed this problem?  

Hello Mark, Please , have you any other idea?

Regards,

sorry only back was off,  thats all i had it allows us to delete devices stuck in that data base thought it may have fixed yours as well

Philipp Kreidl
Level 1
Level 1

I have the very same issue on 2 devices, I can succesfully delete every other devices besides these 2.

ifm_inventory.log says:

2015-11-17 13:48:26,794 [ThreadManager-BackgroundThreads-32] INFO logging - IFM InventoryService info The string [java.net.UnknownHostException: SWITCH10: Name or service not known] is not a legal CiscoLog MSGNAME name. The length of a MSGNAME must not exceed 30 characters..
2015-11-17 13:48:26,831 [http-bio-443-exec-372] INFO logging - IFM InventoryService info processSQL: null.

I also tried to reboot ncs and also do a "ncs cleanup" - nothing helped.

Hello Phillip, please can you try what Mark told me to do:

In my case didn´t work. But maybe it would work to you.

"

Prime is buggy so probably hit something, if you access root you can delete any device ip using this , i hit a bug before an DE gave me this below an it worked

access root

then access cd /opt/CSCOlumos/bin/ 

Then run this an replace with the ip address you want to remove

./sql_execution.sh "delete from ipaddress where replace(ipaddress_address,' ','') in ('172.21.229.53')";

Then commit the change

./sql_execution.sh "commit";

"Regards,

I tried, did not help.

I also had a quick look into the database table "IPADDRESS", only the interfaces of each device are in this table so therefore the device can't be deleted by simply kicking out the row with the IP for the problematic devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: