Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete devices from Cisco Prime

Hi all

After a long run, and several attempts, I'm heading to ask YOU to help me with my problem.

As you can see in the title, I can't delete devices from my Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.3. I have seen this problem before in earlier versions, but just ignored and accepted the problem. When I try to delete a device, it returns with an error: 10.163.1.178, Please check the following logs for failure reason: ifm_inventory.log,inventory.log, existenceInventory.log,persistence.log under /opt/CSCOlumos/logs Directory.

I have tried with "NCS stop" -> "NCS cleanup"-> "NCS start". No luck.

I have also read this discussion: https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/network-management/unable-to-delete-device-unrecheable-on-cisco-prime-3-0/td-p/2776266 - but I haven't tried to delete from the database, now that I see that it doesn't work for all. I'm also not very comfortable with fooling around in a large database. That's why I have Prime.

I have extracted the log-files mentioned in the error. I do see the IP-address of the device I'm trying to delete, but I can't make any sense of the log. I have this problem with several devices - and I don't see manual deletion in CLI as a good workaround.

Well, I hope that someone has the golden solution ready for me.

Best regards

Ditlev

5 Replies 5

Hi

This is often seeing here and probably it is a big. Sometime ago I got a similar situation and TAC advised me to redeploy!

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi Flavio

Thanks for your reply.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. Actually my deployment is rather new. Less than two month ago, my Prime 3.1 broke down, and I installed a new Prime 3.3 and imported a backup database. I've had the same problem in both versions.

Best regards

It shouldn't be necessary to redeploy and start all over with discovering all devices. Well, that's not my primary concern. The fact that I have more than 25 locations, with many wireless maps, makes the word "redeploy" sound itchy.

Could it have any relation to our APIC-EM? I believe that our APIC-EM communicates with Prime.

Please. Does anyone have an idea of what to do or should I just try to contact TAC?

Best regards

Hi,

Having the same issue with a new 3.3 installation, did TAC shine any light on the issue?

Hi Gerry

Well, TAC didn't help. I asked a consultant, who advised me to export Wireless maps, installed a new Prime 3.3 from scratch, and imported my maps again. I succeded and now everything runs smoothly. Another benefit is that the database has been cleaned and the size is now half of what it was before.

Best regards

Ditlev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: