Views
Helpful
Replies

UNABLE TO ENTER VIA ssh

mrodriguezm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

After 2 or 3 days that I upgrade IOS to the version shown below and configured the aaa services, I am unable to enter to the switches via SSH.  Only after reinit the switches, I am able to enter via SSH.

Any idea about this issue ?

Switch Ports Model              SW Version            SW Image
------ ----- -----              ----------            ----------
*    1 26    WS-C3750V2-24PS    15.0(2)SE7            C3750-IPBASEK9-M

aaa setup includes:

aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default local
aaa authorization exec default local

line vty 0 15
 exec-timeout 60 0
 transport input ssh

ip domain xxxxxx.yyy

crypto key generate rsa ....

regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From console there is no prompt.

When you (attempt to) console, do you see the message "%Low memory.  Try again later."?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please provide more information. 

What is the exact message when you try to SSH into the appliance?   What happens when you try to console into the appliance?

Hi Leo,

There is no prompt for password:

other-switch#ssh -l USERNAME 10.10.0.3
other-switch#

after 30 seconds back to the exec prompt on the client of SSH (other-switch).

From putty there is not any prompt for username/password.

When you (attempt to) console, do you see the message "%Low memory.  Try again later."?

Leo,

On site the field engineer tried via console and there in no any message. I will review it on the remote site personally tomorrow morning. I will confirm it.

If it helps, now (after work-hours) I got to enter to some of them via VTY (except 2).

regards.

Leo,

you are right. I review the switches personally on site, and the message on the console is: "%% Low on memory; try again later". I will try a lower IOS version that use less resources.

I'm very grateful with your help.

regards.

I review the switches personally on site, and the message on the console is: "%% Low on memory; try again later". I will try a lower IOS version that use less resources.

LOL!  You've solved your own problem. 

May I recommend you consider using the more-stable 12.2(55)SE9 instead?  If you really, really, really have to use 15.X then use 15.0(2)SE4 but everyone here (and who knows their IOS) have come to an agreement that 12.2(55)SE9 is the most stable IOS Cisco has ever published.  

It's a pity, though, that even though 12.2(55)SE9 is recognized as the most stable IOS for the 3560/3750 series of switches, Cisco has made move NOT to continue the improvements of this IOS and wants to move everyone to the more un-reliable and extremely unstable 15.X range.  

And thank you for spending time to rate our posts.  :)

Thank you again Leo for your advice.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: