cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to Get 6509 IOS via Add to Repository Job

Brian Whiting
Level 1
Level 1

This is a new install of LMS 4.2 evaluation.  I have a current install of LMS 3.2 which is working.   When I run an Add job for our core 6509 in Software Repository using cisco.com on the 3.2 LMS it works normally.  When I attempt the same job in LMS 4.2 for the same device the device is not selectable in the left hand window and it has a message that says (This operation requires Containment data in Inventory. Either this is unavailable) Or (Add Image from CCO not supported).   Also and probably related is that LMS 4.2 cannot complete an inventory update on the 6509s that we have and does not say why the inventory job collection failed.  So far as I can tell the other devices inventory and offer IOS updates correctly.  I ran a job to get all device package updates before I ran any of the jobs.  The devices all pass credential checks except for HTTP, which is not activated on the devices. 

4 Replies 4

mbilgrav
Level 3
Level 3

had similar issues that resolved when increasing the SNMP Timeout.

When this happened to you were you getting the "This operation requires Containment data in Inventory" message when you were trying to select the 6509 device?  I can't even submit a job to update inventory with my 6500s.

Is it possible for you to delete the device from CiscoWorks completely and re-add after 2 min and try to submit it for Invenotry and see if that works?

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

I deleted the device and waited about 10 minutes, then re-added the device.  I still get

(This operation requires Containment data in Inventory. Either this is unavailable) Or
(Add Image from CCO not supported)  when I try to select it for an Add image job in software repository.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: