cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to run reports in Campus Manager 5.2.2

Aaron.Koves
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to run reports in Campus Manager and none of them work.

If I try a Best Practices Deviation report I get this error:

"Problem with File /WEB-INF/screens/reports/BestPracticesReportGen.jsp!!!/WEB-INF/screens/reporst/BestPracticesReportGen.jsp(418,66) Attribute value "pophelp('" + helpLink + "');" is quoted with " which must be escaped when used within the value"

If I try a Device Attributes report or a Port Attributes report I get a pop up saying:

"Report not found"

If I try a Discrepancies report I get:

"Error while loading. Campus Manager Server may be down. Please check for Campus Manager Server Stgatus in Common Services -> Server -> Admin -> Process. If the process is down, restart it. Else try after sometime"

And finally, running a VLAN report for any device (and I know they are L2 devices) comes back with:

"Selected devices(s) do not support VLANs"

We're running on Windows 2003. I've taken over supporting this system, so I don't know if it ever worked.

LMS 3.2.1

Campus Manager 5.2.2

CiscoWorks Common Services 3.3.1

Can anyone suggest how I could get to the bottom of this?

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Aaron,

Can you send me the output of the command pdshow

and ANIServer.properties (location : NMSROOT\CSCOpx\campus \etc\cwsi)

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Ahmad,

I have the same environment and the same problem.

Output from pdshow is attached in pdshow_output.txt file and ANIServer.properties is attached in ANIServer.properites. file

Best Regards
// Roger

Aaron.Koves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roger - try editing your MDC\tomcat\conf\catalina.properties file and add the following line at the end:

org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING=false

This tells Tomcat to be flexible with double and single quoting in the CW code and allowed me to run the reports, though I'm still not getting the data I'd expect that's probably another issue.

Hi Ahmad, thanks for your reply. Here's my output too.

Hi Aaron,

Adding this to the catalina.properties file did the trick.

Thank´s!

Regards

// Roger