cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to save topology maps

MARK GRABER
Level 1
Level 1

I have users that are unable to save their changes to topology maps - when devices are moved in a map and the map is exited, the next time the user goes into the map it is back at the default layout. The unusual part is that this does not affect all users - I have two users with the same CiscoWorks rights, but only one can save map changes. The admin user is one that can't save map changes. I'm running LMS 2.2 on Solaris 2.8. The problem existed before and after I upgraded to Campus Manager IDU 11, and stopping and starting services hasn't helped.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

ozlemduran
Level 1
Level 1

yes, we have the same problem,

we opened a case to cisco for that but there is no answer about a week :)

That's why I put the question here. The case isn't really progressing, and none of the things they've had me try explain why one user has a problem and another doesn't, when they're configured the same.

hi Mark,

have you solved your problem?

No success yet. At this point I'm waiting to see what happens with LMS 2.5.

I m waiting for 2.5 too...

MARK GRABER
Level 1
Level 1

I resolved the problem. Older user directories were owned by user root, group root. I did a chown -r to change the owner to casuser, and a chgrp -r to change the group to casusers, and now I can save the maps.

I am having the same issue where changes to the Topology Map may get saved, then may not. My Ciscoworks LMS setup:

>Windows Server 2008 Std, SP2, with all Important updates

>Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.3

>Workstation has Windows 7 Enterprise, Java 6 SE version 6 Update 38

>Internet Explorer 9, v9.0.8112.16421

In the lower-left corner of my Topology map, it usually says "Layout Saved Successfully", but will unexpectedly change to "Unable to save map...", and does not seem to recover to allow me to save again. This was also happening under LMS 4.2.2, so the 4.2.3 patch has no effect. I have tried the following:

>deleting my "Layer~2~View.xml" and "user.preferences" files from my LMS server profile

>keeping Java 6 SE updated, even several previous versions

I had a theory that maybe another LMS user was running a data collection or other discovery and was preventing me from saving, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I will check the folder permissions on our LMS server to see if there are any issues, but I am about to pull my hair out with this.

Thanks.

Hi John

My customer has the same problem, unable to save the topoloy map.

The LMS is version 4.2.3 Linux Software appliance.

Did you get a sollution fot this problem?

Thanks