Views
Helpful
Replies

Unreachable devices report

benjo.rulloda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I noticed in Cisco Prime 4.2 when we try to look for devices that are unreachable, we went to Reports>Inventory>Management Status>Unreachable Devices, but the devices indicated there are currently Up. We have another Cisco Prime Demo server not connected to the production network, it is monitoring another set of devices. We went to Unreachable Devices report from the Demo server but this time it shows no Unreachable Devices but currently 2 devices were disconnected from the network. How come this report is unreliable? Do know a report tool from Cisco Prime 4.2 that is accurate aside from the Event Monitor?

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

"Click here to configure more Pollers" >>  link will direct you to the  >>>

Monitor>Performance Settings>Setup>Pollers   ,where you can configure different pollers as per your requirement..

Monitoring dashboard will show you the view of those pollers on dashboard:

chekc the attached screen shot..you can see differnet dashboad there..

Thanks-

Afroz

[ Do rate helpful posts ]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Run a new device discovery job and check the unreachable report again.

If still there are Discrepancies then share the screen shots.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Is there any way that I can generate a report in Cisco Prime wherein I can check the status of the devices whether it is Up or Down? I can't seem to find a report for it. What the client needs is a report that he can generate at 8:00 AM, 12:00NN, and 5:00PM to have a quick look on all of the devices' status in the network.

Regards,

Benjo Rulloda

Not really a report, but on the monitoring dashboard there is a portlet that shows the device availablity near real-time, as well as a portlet showing the interface availability.

Clicking the circle will generate a report, the green part for the available, red for the unavailable devices.

What more could you want?

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Benjo,

As Michel suggested , you can use the device availablity  Report to achive your goal.

To have that enable , you need to create a POLLER  from the below location

Go to  Monitor > Performance Settings > Setup > Pollers

click create >select the device and then select the DEVICE Availablity from the  Available Templates.

I hope this will help.

Thanks-

Afroz

Hi Afroj,

In the POLLER you suggested here, is it different from the polling interval being done by Topology Services and Fault Management?

Regards,

Benjo

Hi Benjo,

Yes , it is completely different from them, with poller you are polling devices with different OID's in the background.

for e.g in the device avaiblity it is using sysuptime ...etc

check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/lms_monitor/mnt-perf.html#wp1542387

Thanks-

Afroj

Hi Afroj,

Thank you for that information. If that's the case, Cisco Prime will poll devices on different instances. Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but the way I understand it, is like this, if Cisco Prime manages SW1 and SW2, if I set POLLERS to poll at every 1 minute, and Fault Management at every 3 mins, Topology Services every 5 mins. Does this mean that SW1 and SW2 has to respond on three different set of polls coming from Cisco Prime?

Hi Benjo,

Right .

In the poller management , you can set the polling interval 1 min, 5 min , 15 min ,30 min ...etc..

Thanks-

Afroz

Hi Afroj,

I have setup "Device Availability" on POLLERS with interval of 1 minute. Where can I check the result of this poller? All the while I thought when you click "Device Availability" under Poller Name, a report will appear, but i was wrong.

Hi Benjo,

You should be able to generate the reports on this ..

also you should be able see this under  (it may take time to view that data on dashboard:

Monitor > Dashboards > Monitoring

Thanks-

Afroj

Hi Afroj,

When I go to Reports>Performance>Device>Availability, is the report generated here based on the "Device Availability" POLLER i have set on Monitor>Performance Settings>Setup>Pollers I just did a while ago?

What exactly does this poller do? Just ping the device?

Regards,

Benjo

Hi Benjo ,

It will do the SNMP Polling with the respective OID bases in the Poller you hace created..

like for CPU  ,

cpmProcExtUtil5MinRev

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/user/guide/lms_monitor/mnt-perf.html#wp1542387

Thanks-

Afroz

Hi Afroj,

If for instance I have 2 types of POLLERS for, let's say, interface availability. Which of them will be used when you click "Click here to configure more Pollers" in Dashboard Monitoring>Interface Availability?

Hi ,

"Click here to configure more Pollers" >>  link will direct you to the  >>>

Monitor>Performance Settings>Setup>Pollers   ,where you can configure different pollers as per your requirement..

Monitoring dashboard will show you the view of those pollers on dashboard:

chekc the attached screen shot..you can see differnet dashboad there..

Thanks-

Afroz

[ Do rate helpful posts ]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: