cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unused IOS stored in software repository.

Hello,

I am a CiscoWorks LMS beginner administrator and I would like to know if there is a way (tool or report) to detect which IOS images stored in the software repository are not used by any network device. With this info, I will know which IOS images can be deleted from the repository and reduce the hard disk space used.

I am working with the LMS 3.2 for Windows.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

MArc,

Yes unfortuntately there is nothing built into Ciscoworks to auotate this kid of check, however you could use an intermediate tool/script to do the check automatically.

Have you see our recent acquistion of Tidal and the role it plays in automation?  That is an automated mechanisma dn service Cisco offers that may be able to do what you need.

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Robert Pavone
Level 1
Level 1

Marc,

Run a software report for all the devices under Resource Manger Essentials (RME)--> Report Generator --> Select inventory --> select software report.  There is a column in the report that shows what the boot image is.  Compare those images to what is in the Software Image library.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your answer. So I have to suppose that there is no an automated way to do this verification and I have to compare this report with IOS stored in the repository.

Thank you.

Marc

MArc,

Yes unfortuntately there is nothing built into Ciscoworks to auotate this kid of check, however you could use an intermediate tool/script to do the check automatically.

Have you see our recent acquistion of Tidal and the role it plays in automation?  That is an automated mechanisma dn service Cisco offers that may be able to do what you need.

Rob

Thank you for the information Rob. I will have a look to the Tidal tool. It could be a good option.

Marc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco