Views
Helpful
Replies

update to new version of cisco prime

R.P7900
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

i want to update cisco prime v3.3 to uper version ( for example v3.4 OR v3.5), but i recieve thi error :

'' Operation has failed: This update does not apply to the currently installed version of Prime Infrastructure ''

can help me , what should i do?

thanks alot

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Please elaborate and or post complete upgrade command tried in v3.3  (and attach the complete resulting error).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

hello,
my cisco prime version is 3.3.0.0.342 and i want upgrade to version 3.4
should i download file '' PI_3_4_2-1.0.23.ubf '' from Prime Infrastructure Patches - 3.4 ?

thanks

No.

The downloads are here:
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286317405/type/284272932/release/3.4.0

For the upgrade you need the file: PI_BUNDLE-3.4.0.0.348-Upgrade.tar.gz

For a fresh installation, it's either:

PI-APL-3.4.0.0.348-1-K9.iso (physical server)
PI-VA-3.4.0.0.348.ova (virtual machine)

Once the installation is done and you can login again and everything looks good, you can install your previously mentioned patch.
Download of the current patch: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286317405/type/284272933/release/3.4.2

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Best way to do this, if you use Vmware:
Create an application backup of the old version
Move the backup away to some external storage, if not already done in the backup
Build a completely new VM with the OVA file for 3.5
Shutdown the old VM
Restore the previously made application backup into the new 3.5 installation

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Just wait for PI 3.7 to drop.

Hi.

Why do you suggest waiting for 3.7? Newest available is 3.6 from what I see.

Something is not right with this release?

--

Marek

It will be out in the next few days and will probably fix various bugs and bring some new features.

Also every upgrade is always a pain in the a** and takes a lot of time. If you wait for 3.7, you can skip one more upgrade.

On the other hand, it's a very fresh release and will have some bugs for sure, which will take another 2-4 months to be fixed in some Patch/Update release.

can i direct from version 3.3 to version 3.7 upgrading ?
because for version 3.6 , at first should i upgrage to 3.4 or 3.5 an then upgrade to 3.6.

- That will be highly unlikely because the restriction already enforced when going from 3.3 to 3.6.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

answer : I should directly in virtual machin of cisco prime do upgrading and with the software ''winscp OR Filezilla '' , i can copy my new file from my pc to server of cisco prime.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

it is great.

thanks alot for your information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: