Views
Helpful
Replies

Updated configuration on Cisco Prime 4.2

benjo.rulloda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just want to ask what are the dependencies for having an updated Configuration Management. Do I have to click "Sync Archive" everytime? What I'm trying to do is have the Cisco Prime be upto pace with the current configuration of the devices. For example. I configured the device at 1:00PM, what time will I get to see the updated configuration in Cisco Prime?

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Benjo,

Afroz again

Just make sure  Config Fetch  in the below location is ENABLED.

Admin > Network > Notification and Action Settings > Syslog Automated Actions

This will automatically Fecth the Configuration as and when there is a change in the config.  this works on SYSLOGS , so you need to make sure the devices are sending the syslogs to the LMS server.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Do you have an estimated time on when Cisco Prime may already have  a copy of the actual devices' configuratuon? Is this dependent on the Device Credentials?

Hi Benjo,

for the very first time , you add a device in LMS . LMS will automatically get the device config

after that you can sechduled the Jobs to get the device config ( SYNC ARCHIVE  jobs) as and when the sync achive job will run ,it will copy the device config and stored it under : NMSROOT/CSCOPx/files/rme/dcma/shadow

there is system defined  sync archive job also available :

(Admin > Collection Settings > Config > Config Collection Settings)

Device credentials need to be correct to get device config via LMS.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Is there a way that I can automatically archive it without scheduling it? What if I configure the device at 1:00PM and configure if again at 1:30PM, will it fall under just one archive?

Hi Benjo,

There will be 2 copies of the running config.

to get the config:

make sure  Config Fetch  in the below location is ENABLED.

Admin > Network > Notification and Action Settings > Syslog Automated Actions

This  will automatically Fecth the Configuration as and when there is a  change in the config.  this works on SYSLOGS , so you need to make sure  the devices are sending the syslogs to the LMS server.

Note: from the GUI also you can look at all the config stores for a particular device [

Configuration > Configuration Archive > Views > Version Tree]

Thanks-

Afroz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: