cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating a ip nat routing entry in our C-881 router

rdk_cisco1
Level 1
Level 1

I think this is a very simple issue, but it has been over a  year since I had to modify our configuration and I'm a bit foggy as to the correct procedure.  I have the following entry in the FastEthernet4 interface:

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.1.51 80 12.34.56.78 8080 extendable

and I need to change it to:

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.1.51 8080 12.34.56.78 8080 extendable

At the router I enter these commands:

Office(config)#interface FastEthernet4
Office(config-if)#ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.1.51 8080 12.34.56.78 8080 extendable

I get this response:
% similar static entry (10.0.1.51 -> 12.34.56.78) already exists

What is the right way to complete this operation. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Tx, for positive feedback, but mark the thread as SOLVED too. This is not for my ego but can be useful for users browsing subject-lists on the forum.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try to remove  the old one first with :

no ip nat inside source static tcp 10.0.1.51 80 12.34.56.78 8080 extendable

M. 

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks.  I was sure it was something very simple....RDK

- Tx, for positive feedback, but mark the thread as SOLVED too. This is not for my ego but can be useful for users browsing subject-lists on the forum.

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: