Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating Cisco Catalyst 3750X-24/48P-E to the latest IOS

JungChoi77534
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a question regarding getting the Catalyst 3750X updated to the latest IOS (it looks like one was released yesterday).

For a few of our client switches, the flash does not have enough space to upload the new bin file.

Is it okay to delete the current IOS bin file that the switch is running on to clear up space?
It should be okay as long as the switch is not rebooted before the new image is uploaded?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming that the flash would have enough room for the new bin file if you erase the existing bin file then yes it is ok to erase the existing bin file to make room to download the new bin file. Make sure that you have successfully downloaded the new bin file from Cisco to a PC or server in your network before you erase the existing bin file and check the size of the file that you downloaded and compare that to space available.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming that the flash would have enough room for the new bin file if you erase the existing bin file then yes it is ok to erase the existing bin file to make room to download the new bin file. Make sure that you have successfully downloaded the new bin file from Cisco to a PC or server in your network before you erase the existing bin file and check the size of the file that you downloaded and compare that to space available.

HTH

Rick

Thank you for the response.

Marked it as the solution.

Have a great day!

I am glad that my explanation was helpful.  Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: