cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade analysis

woods8
Level 1
Level 1

From RME>Software Mgmt>software distribution>upgrade analysis I have selected my specific devices and selected an IOS from my software repository but each time I run this I get "This device requires telnet access for image downloads. Please make sure device's telnet access information is configured and is accurate"

Telnet is working fine on these devices?

Any ideas?

I use LMS2.5, RME & CM 4.0.4, CS 3.0.4 on a windows server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have custom telnet prompts other than Username: and Password: ?

If you run a device credentials verification report are the values all returned ok?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have custom telnet prompts other than Username: and Password: ?

If you run a device credentials verification report are the values all returned ok?

Thanks for your reply.

No

I get ok on some of my devices but the others show "No value to test" ??

They all have telnet configured in the same way?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanx

Hi Paul,

usually it means you have no values for these devices and protocols configured in the DCR.

Have a look in Device and Crendentials for some of you not working devices. If they have empty telnet and password fileds, this may be the problem.

Hope that helps,

Frank

That would explain why telnet is failing, the database has no value to send to the device. You should do an edit device credentials and enter all necessary fields (those that may be blank) and this should resolve your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: