Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Cisco 2960S Stack switch using Cisco Prime

MSJ1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Need to upgrade a Cisco 2960S-48FPS. And want to use Cisco Prime to do the Code Upgrade.

As this is a stack is there any different step I need to follow from Cisco Prime ? I know software file extenstion will be .tar for stack switch  ?

In the Distribute Option section I see "Device Upgrade Mode" :: Does it have anything to do for Cisco 2960 Stack Switch  ?

Cisco_Prime.JPG

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How many switches/stacks needed to be upgraded? 

Every year, I do north of 900 stacks of switches without any automation.  I have never "lost" a switch stack.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>In the Distribute Option section I see "Device Upgrade Mode" :: Does it have anything to do for Cisco 2960 Stack Switch 

Not specific , check this link for info about difference between the two Modes :

https://www.lookingpoint.com/blog/ios-xe-catalyst-switches#:~:text=Bundle%20mode%20is%20simple.,image%20and%20reboot%20the%20switch.&text=Install%20mode%20is%20the%20default,package%2Dprovisioning%20file%20named%20packages.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !