cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 3.5 to 4.0

dagyb
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone had any luck doing this, I tried and it blew up half way through, now I'm dead in the water and TAC dosen't even know where to start.

Any advise

3 Replies 3

ToddWarren
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

there are several post in this forum concerning a variety of upgrade issues. I too had an upgrade from LMS 2.2 to 2.5 fail. Even after backing up my databases I was unable to recovery. Fortunately, losing my databases and historical information did not hurt me. I hope this is the case for you as well.

My advise would be to, 1) search this forum for issues installing RME 4.0, and follow recommendations of those who have blazed the trail b4 you, and 2). install fresh and manually add your devices by using seed files.

Good Luck!

Thanks man, thats pretty much the boat I'm in, I did export my devices though, so that should make it a little easier. I also started searching this forum and now think it might be better to go back to 3.5 sounds like theres a lot of 4.0 horror stories going around, did you like 4.0 after you got there?

I liked the promise of a lot of the features in RME, and DFM, but the bugs in DFM 2.0 made it impossible to deploy. I will move to LMS 2.5 when it's stable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco