Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from Cisco LMS 4.2.2 to 4.2.5

leeroi1526
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to All,

I am in the process of upgrading the LMS 4.2.2 to 4.2.5 withing the same server : Windows 2008 64bit R2 with 8GB RAM (VM) as per cisco release note on the upgrade

Direct migration

1. Install LMS 4.2.4

2. Install LMS 4.2.5

The backup data is automatically migrated during installation.

we have tried to install the 4.2.4 package first, this seems to be straight forward since it time to leave for work I kept it running but when I came in the morning it keeps on installing, so I ended the process and restart the machine then reinstall again the 4.2.4 package again "from the prompt it showing me it is already installed and ask me if I want to reinstall so I click yes" however, when it is installing another error show up please see the attached file... If anyone can help me resolve this problem I would really appreciate.

Note: See the snapshot error

Best Regards,

JMZ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi JMZ,

Open the Task Manager > under processes >> look for cisco works process  like sm_server ,dbsrv10  etc.. Manaully Kill them first and start the installation again.

Hope it will help.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi JMZ,

Open the Task Manager > under processes >> look for cisco works process  like sm_server ,dbsrv10  etc.. Manaully Kill them first and start the installation again.

Hope it will help.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj,

Thank for the vry informational suggestion,  I stop the daemon manager not from the command prompt because its not working when i try the "net stop crmdmgmt" command however, I just stop the service from the "services", all the cisco prime related services I manually stop then I start the upgrade, it was success ...

Best Regards,

JMZ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: