cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Prime from 2.2 to 3.2 - what would be the best approach?

DmitriyShkurko
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I’m quite new to Prime and already have a serious project to complete. I’d appreciate your advices and hints. I have also read some topics about Prime upgrade, but still have some concerns.

Objectives:

1. Upgrade WLCs to 8.5.120.0
  2. Current Prime version is 2.2. The minimum version compliant with WLC software would be 3.2 according to compatibility matrix, so need to upgrade.

Concerns:

1. What would be the best path to upgrade to 3.2? I plan to do the following: 2.2->3.0->3.1.5->3.2. It seems there’s no shorter route…
  2. Do I need to do backup and restore all the time if I want to preserve licenses? Or is it better to add licenses after Prime is upgraded to 3.2
  3. Also concerned about all current information saved in the system. Not willing to lose anything.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@DmitriyShkurko wrote:
  1. Upgrade WLCs to 8.5.120.0

Upgrade to 8.5.131.0.

@DmitriyShkurko wrote:What would be the best path to upgrade to 3.2? I plan to do the following: 2.2->3.0->3.1.5->3.2. It seems there’s no shorter route

The easiest way is to export all the PI 2.2 data and re-build with 3.2 and then import the data.

It seems you can't restore backups from 2.2 onto 3.2:

You can restore back up only on Prime Infrastructure 3.2 from the following versions:

• Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.6
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.5
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.3
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.2
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1.1
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1
  • Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.0.3 Update 4
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: