Helpful
Replies

UPS monitoring support with Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2

Muzammil Nakade
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Members,

Good day,

I am having a project implemented wherein i have the UPS power redudancy solution for our network devices.

Now can anyone gide that is it possible for below :-

UPS units installed with SNMP cards be monitored via Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 as our monitoring & management solution is Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2 ?

if yes

Can you guide if following action would be possible to export the below logs from UPS unit to our Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.2

a) UPS fault status information

b) UPS operational status(input power available Y/N)

c) Battery fault status

d) Battery charging current

e) Battery charge level

f) Output current

Conclusion is we need to confirm that would it be posible to achieve remote monitoring of these UPS units via our CPI 1.2

Thanks in Advance for your support & replies to this query.

Regards,

Muzammil N.

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Prime Infrastructure 1.2 can manage non-Cisco devices in a limited fashion via SNMP query and trap processing. It cannot import logs and does not have a generic syslog server,

So if your devices have snmp read only support and can generate SNMP traps for the above you can add them to PI. Follow the manual add device procedure here.

Hi Marvin,

Firstly thanks for your swift reply as received above.

I would appreciate if you can elaborate the above in details for my complete understanding of the above process/reply as shared.

Regards,

Muzammil N.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: