Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT - Prime Infrastructure licenses gone

Dennis Nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I just installed the Prime Infrastructure 3.1.1 patch, but after the mandatory restart of NCS, all my LifeCycle licesnes are gone, and the server tells me that I only have 100 trial licenses, for 60 days.

When I browse to Administration > Licenses > Files > License files I can see the license files for all my 875 devices, of type permanent.

When restarting the NCS service, I get an error when starting up, that I haven't seen before, is this related?

See attached screenshots.

How do I get the PI server to accept the licenses again?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

When I went back in today in anticipation of opening a case, the error message is gone. My licenses now appear as expected and no warning message.

Can any of the others who saw it check their servers for the same? Thanks.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

What is the output of 

prime # ncs status

(after prime has been launched)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

login as: admin
admin@dkhqncs01's password:
Last login: Mon Jul 18 13:38:55 2016
DKHQNCS01/admin# ncs status
Health Monitor Server is running. ( [Role] Primary [State] HA not Configured )
Database server is running
FTP Service is running
TFTP Service is running
Matlab Server is running
Matlab Server Instance 1 is running
Matlab Server Instance 2 is running
Matlab Server Instance 3 is running
NMS Server is running.
Plug and Play Gateway is running.
SAM Daemon is running ...
DA Daemon is running ...
Compliance engine is running
DKHQNCS01/admin#

- Since you still have the license files you may try adding them again as valid licenses , but since you are in tricky waters a complete backup (first) is advised. As the  problem should not have  happened in the first place , contacting TAC is advised and or especially reporting the strange db-error to CISCO.

M

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm seeing the same thing on a PI server that I just upgraded to 3.1.1.

It has valid licenses similar to yours. It had previously been upgraded from 2.2 - 3.0 - 3.1 - 3.1 DP1 without issue.

I suspect a bug. I plan to open a TAC case today - will keep you posted.

- Thanks Marvin, keep us informed !

M.

When I went back in today in anticipation of opening a case, the error message is gone. My licenses now appear as expected and no warning message.

Can any of the others who saw it check their servers for the same? Thanks.

My error is gone as well....... ??? Everything looks normal now, very strange.....

- Note that,in between, 3.1.2 has been released which seems to support automatic transition to a new license type.

M.

Same here, after install of 3.1.1 i saw this warning, at the next login it was gone and the licenses show as normal.

So i did a restart of the NCS and voila, the error message is back again, checked the license status via gui and it tells license violation, but all files show up as permanent.

Logged out and in again, error message keeps showing up, licenses summary shows violation.

Very strange behaviour.

Thanks Marvin

I also opened a TAC case yesterday, but haven't heard anything back yet.

trapasso
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same issue after recently applying the 3.1.1 maintenance update.  I cleared the issue like others on the thread, delete a license and re-add it.  But the problem reoccurs whenever you restart the PI appliance or services.

TAC case has been opened for this.

I also had to open a TAC case. They've generated a new license for me. After deleting all the old licenses and installing the new one, the issue was gone.