Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT REPLY SOUGHT- FRAME,etc. issues!

lovelyperson
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends ,

Kindly give me authoritative answers to my following queries , since I am writing CCNA EXAM shortly:

1.When a download of frames/files takes place from a remote server on one's host PC then Frames landing at the host PC shall have WHOSE SOURCE MAC ADDRESS - THAT OF THE NEAREST ROUTER TO THE HOST PC OR THAT OF THE SENDER SERVER ?

2.A ROUTER AND A SWITCH ARE CONNECTED VIA FASTETHERNET PORTS - WHICH TYPE OF CABLING MUST BE USED - CROOSSOVER OR STRAIGHTTHROUGH (both fao ports use RJ 45 Connectors which means the same connecting devices on both ends- this creates confusion- if I am writing CCNA exam which option must I choose - CROSSOVER or STRAIGHTTHROUGH CABLE?)

3.A newly purchased router has old NVRAM in it , what must be done with this NAVRAM - SAVED OR ERASED ?

4.ARP really belongs to which OSI layer - Network or Datalink?

5.Are following correctly matched:

NTP- PORT 123( TCP)

NNTP - 119 (UDP)

6.What is the correct sequence to configure dial-on-demand routing on an ISDN BRI interface?

7.is it true that TE2 is a serial interface on a router? iF YES OR NO , REASONS FOR THE SAME.

8.Data field in a frame consists of 46-1500 bytes or 64-1500 bytes?

9.What is the basic function of frame-relay DLCI - is it identification of circuit between the local router and the nearest connecting Frame-Switch or the is it the identification of circuit between the far end router and the Frame-Switch?

9.Does multicasting not cause congestion?

10.Is it true that TRUNK PORTS are not configured on routers and that these are done so on switches only?

11.what is the maximum number of loopback interfaces that a router can have?

An early response shall highly be appreciated!

With Warm Regards

Lovely Person

1 Reply 1

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

A router and a Switch , these two different devices must be connected through a STRAIGHT THROUGH CABLE.

ARP really belongs to a network Layer.Because, it is used to find the layer-2 address only from the layer-3 address.

Yes.a router can have maximum no of loop back interfaces.U can check it at the global config mode# interface loopback ?

this will list u the maximum.

Yes, trunk ports are configured only on switches.

Multicasting creating congestion depends on how many members in that multicast group.Unlike Broadcast,if the multicast group is small,it means less congestion.Otherwise, congestion will occur.

Frame Relay DLCI's are only locally significant.Hence, it is used to identify the logical VC b/w your router and local frame relay switch.

TE2 stands for Terminal Equipment 2.Any Non-ISDN devices like a router not supporting ISDN, a normal telephone, a fax etc are TE2.With this, a non-ISDN router(TE2) will have a serial intf to connect to a TE1(ISDN router).

The correct sequence to configure DDR on ISDN

1.Specify ISDN switch type

2.Decide the interesting traffic that should trigger DDR.

3.Specify the static route to reach the the destination .

4.Define interface encapsulation(ppp/hdlc) and ISDN addressing parameters.

5.Configure ip address to that intf.

6.Define any additional info(SPID,etc).,