Views
Helpful
Replies

User access control to the Network

olly ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am asking for help to know about controlling my users from accessing the network. The scenario is given below:

1. I want to configure a L3-switch as DHCP server with DHCP snooping enabled

2. I also want to enable ARP inspection

3. Now I want users will get IP from DHCP-server router but that user won't be able to communicate using network. I am planning to deny all IP packet except those I permit by ARP Access-list. 

Now my question is, whether it is possible or not to do this by ARP access-list ?

If your answer is no then please suggest me the way to control my users from accessing the network until I permit them manually while DHCP server, DHCP snooping, ARP inspection all are in action. Would also appreciate if you please share a sample configuration.

2 Replies 2

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you wrote users will get IP from DHCP-server router and L3-switch as DHCP server with DHCP snooping enabled, which is it?
more likely PCs will get IPs from DHCP Server like Microsoft and not from router, but u can set up a router as DHCP server no problem.
DHCP snooping should be enabled on access layer switch, not on L3, same goes with ARP inspection feature.
do we have L2 access sw?

Martin L
VIP
VIP

DHCP snooping and ARP inspection work on L2 switch with port that are trusted - like trunks.