Views
Helpful
Replies

User Tracking Acquisition finds 0 End Hosts & 0 IP Phones

ANDAFBCCO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am turing to the community because I have changed settings, ran the acquisition probably 15 times but to no avail. After it completes I have:

Number of Acquisition:927

Number of host entries:0

Number of IP Phone entries:0

I have tried ping sweeps of all class c networks, by subnet, by device but always 0 end hosts. The majority of my switches are 3750 with 3 2960's. I am running Campus Manager 5.2.0 .  Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of SNMP are you using?  If v1/v2c, make sure you do not have a '@' in your community strings.  If using SNMPv3, make sure you have configured contexts for each VLAN on the switches.  For example:

snmp-server group v3group v3 auth context vlan-100

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of SNMP are you using?  If v1/v2c, make sure you do not have a '@' in your community strings.  If using SNMPv3, make sure you have configured contexts for each VLAN on the switches.  For example:

snmp-server group v3group v3 auth context vlan-100

Thanks again for the help. I'm using snmp v3 so it was the snmp-server group context vlanid line. Now I just can't fine IP phones. They show up under end hosts but don't show up under IP phones when I run acquisition.

Make sure your CUCMs are managed properly by Campus Manager and show up as green application server icons on the Topology Map.  Make sure these CUCMs allow one to poll the CISCO-CCM-MIB (ciscoCcmMIB).  This is how UT will get the phone details.

I got them added but they showed up as Not Configured in ACS. So I created a NBG in ACS and came in to work today and now they're authorized and are showing up on the topology map. Thanks again for the help.

Does this mean UT is now showing IP phones as IP phones?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: