Views
Helpful
Replies

Using QPM in an environment where QOS is already deployed

CAMERON GILLIES
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have installed QPM for a customer who already have qos configured and deployed on all of their routers (about 70 in total) and switches (in the houndreds). I believe to run reporting and for the future deployment of qos within the network I have to import all of the existing QOS configuration and then "re-deploy" this using QPM. I am struggling to figure out the best way to do this. is there an easy way.... can QPM just discover what has already been deployed on the routers and use these values ? Is there any easy way to upload and then re-deploy the same configuration.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

when you include a device into the database, then the device QoS configuration - if supported - can be uploaded into the database once.

A more detailed description and the limitations can be found in the "Using QoS Policy Manager 2.1" guide at "Uploading Device QoS Configurations"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2064/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008007ff13.html#xtocid4

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: