cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using SNMP to verify AAA Authentication

GreatBeach
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a script to poll through our switches for minimum switch compliance (code version, temp, etc..).  Sometimes switches are put online without AAA configured and I would like to track when this happens.   I would like to pull this information via SNMP instead of logging into the switch - is this possible?

I found some information for 'CISCO-AAA-SESSION-MIB' but it does not work for any of our models.  However, I am not an expert by no means and thought I am probably leaving something out obvious. 

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the models here, and what code it running ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the reply.   We have 3750[G|X] and 3850's as well.   Here are our minimum standard code levels:

3750 12.2 55 SE 11
3750X

150-2.SE7 and 150-2.SE10a

03.06.06E

The switch could have a newer or older code level however as these switches are sometimes new out of the box or older ones from storage.

Yinchuan
Level 1
Level 1

You may use RW community to direct switches to upload its configuration to a TFTP server, then check for that on TFTP server.

Or you may enable HTTP access to run something like `show run | section aaa`.

Thank you, I also thought about grabbing the config via TFTP but wanted to explore the SNMP possibilities first. We have a standard username and password for switches that we are staging for AAA management (which is later removed). I could run through my switches and try the default credentials via SSH or Telnet. I might go that route. This is good information to have as anyone knowing the default creds could cause some serious trouble on our network.