Views
Helpful
Replies

Using SSH in Topology Services of Cisco Prime 4.2

benjo.rulloda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to access one of the devices in Topology Services in Cisco Prime thru SSH but was unsuccessful. How can I make it work? Do I need to install "putty" on the server just to make it work?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Follow the below link to enable SSH from topology services:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_campus_manager/5.2/user/guide_pb/topo.html#wp1328953

note: I have also attached the properties file for you

here are the steps:

To launch the SSH from the topology ,we need to follow the below steps:

>Go to C:\Documents and Settings\

>Use the attached file(campusmgr.properites) that he need to put in the above location.

>Installed Putty

>Made the below change

CMSSH=C:\\PROGRA~1\\putty\\putty.exe

I hope the above info. will help you !!

Thanks
Afroz
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks afroz. I will try this.

Hi Afroz,

I need your help because I cannot seem to make it work. I'm using a Window 7 client PC and I copied the

campusmgr file on C:\Users\Administrator. The campusmgr file is still the same with C:\\putty\\putty.exe. I copied my putty file on C:. When I connected to Topology Services, an error appeared. Kindly see attached for the screenshot of

the error.

Hi ,

check these things:
campusmgr.properites,it should a PROP file.

It looks like you copied the putty.exe to the C:\ drive ,however putty folder is missing.

In the example case I created a folder called putty and then I have placed the putty.exe in that folder

Just check the location of the putty and it should work

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: