cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

View NetFlow Data in CiscoWorks LMS 3.1?

slcornish
Level 1
Level 1

All,

Can CiscoWorks LMS 3.1 view NetFlow data?

If so, which LMS 3.1 product (IPM, RME, etc.) can view it?

What products can view NetFlow data and create reports?

How is IPM and NetFlow similar?

Stephanie

6 Replies 6

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I don't think that there is a module in LMS to view netflow data.

IPM is a tool for performance data on WAN lines.

You can configure an agent to the router to test such things like "IPecho", jitter, telnet, or POP3 for example.

It is possible to create new test routines.

Netflow is not explicite for performance, but you can have a look into the data which is send over the WAN line.

That will give you a insight to the load of the line, but the major function is to see who sends data to who over which port or something like that.

I don't know if cisco provides a tool for netflow.

We use the fluke netflow tracker for netflow data, for example.

Jan Nejman
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I think that you can see NetFlow data in LMS 3.2 (but I'm not sure). There are many products for parsing and analyzing netflow data.

Our company is developing Caligare Flow Inspector. Other products you can find on the http://netflow.caligare.com/applications.htm

(I think that very good software is from ManageEngine or Fluke). If you want to know features of our software, let me know.

Kind regards,

Jan

---

Jan Nejman

Caligare, co.

http://www.caligare.com/

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS does not support viewing or analyzing NetFlow.  Campus Manager can make some use of NetFlow data to help compute an optimal STP root bridge, but that's it.  For a product which can analyze and display NetFlow data, you might consider looking at the Network Analysis Module.

IPM and NetFlow are similar only in that they can be used to analyze performance.  IPM uses the IP SLA feature of IOS devices to measure round-trip response time, delay, jitter, quality of voice, etc. 

Hi Joe,

I understand that ciscoworks do not use netflow. But i wanted to know if we can integrate a third party Netflow analyser with LMS.  May be we can import data from the Third party tool and view in Ciscoworks, something like that...

Regards,

Rajiv

LMS 4.0 will offer some NAM integration, but there is still no way to import or view Netflow data within LMS.

sophieraflo
Level 1
Level 1

It seems that the rest of your questions have already been answered by the other responders, however, I can recommend Scrutinizer as a tool for collecting and reporting on NetFlow.  I've found that it is the best in NetFlow analyzing, because it isn't an add-on product, it is designed to do one thing--analyze NetFlow--and it does an excellent job at it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: