Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS 2.2 license issue.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

I'm using VMS 2.2 on Windows.

When I try to use Security Monitor an error message appears: "Error the license for IDS MC has expired. Please update..".

I'm not able to update the license file, it may be corrupted!

I believe this is an corrupted database but I cannot make a backup because router mc's db can not be validated!

Wow!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

3gleister
Level 1
Level 1

That's weird. I just ran into a similar issue yesterday, involving the "License for IDS MC". I found that the Ciscoworks Sysbase service wasn't started (?) For some reason it was set back to manual and wasn't started. Once I started this service, I could run SecMon. However, I'm not getting anything in SecMon to show up. I have a TAC case open. They're trying to replicate the error.

The Ciscoworks Sysbase service is set to Manual on my installation but it's started by the daemon I believe.

I'm going to open a case.

Thanks.

Yeah, I found out a couple of things. Firstly, All Ciscoworks services are supposed to be set to manual, except for DaemonManager. This services starts the others by itself. (my bad on that one). I ended up having to compress the database. This fixed it nicely. I stopped Ciscoworks DaemonManager service, ran "idsdbcompress" command from command prompt on VMs server. It took about 1.5 hours but when it was done, I had a good DB, restarted the DAemonManager service and all is well now.

Good luck

Hi!

Yes, may be that the database is too much big. Now I have a case opened with my support team.

Many thanks.

Andrea.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco