cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN + Radius

niro
Level 1
Level 1

Our firewalls are all set up with TACACS+ which uses Cisco ACS for ssh authentication.

I need to configure one of our firewalls for VPN using Radius, however since the firewall is already configured as a TACACS+ device on ACS I can't add it again as a Radius device, and if I change it to a Radius device then SSH stops working. Is there anyway to use the same ACS server for VPN using Radius and ssh authenitcation using TACACS+ for a single device?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Its easier than you think, you just need a seperate authentication profile for each protocol. You'll just need to have a different name for each profile (I personally just tack a -r or a -t on the end of the hostname)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Its easier than you think, you just need a seperate authentication profile for each protocol. You'll just need to have a different name for each profile (I personally just tack a -r or a -t on the end of the hostname)

Ha...yea that's pretty funny that I didn't even try that...easy enough, I like solutions like this.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: