cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what device credentials do I need?

pablo.olveira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I hope some of you can help me with a doubt I have.

I need to add lots of devices to CW LMS and there's some info I can't find anywhere. What device credentials do I need to manage the devices (not device discovery)?? I'm not sure if SNMP RO+RW is enough to do everything or if I need to set some login credentials too. Can anybody bring some light into this subject. If you have any document/link explaining this subject would be great.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Pablo.

5 Replies 5

Nick, thanks for this info, but I'm afraid it does not solve my doubt. I know how to configure the device credentials. Maybe I didn't explain the issue very well; what I want to know is what fields of the credentials are needed in order to manage any device:

- is it enough to configure SNMP RO and RO for the devices?

- do I need to specify the primary/secondary credentials set?? if so, what features depend on these credentials?

thanks everybody in advance!

Pablo.

Hope this helps.

Please see Required Device Credentials for LMS Functionalities  in chapter 2. It has all the credentials needed for the various task in LMS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/install/guide/prereq.html#wp1083758

SNMP RO & RW are enough to manage everthing except fetching vlan configuration. You have to use Telent or SSH to fetch vlan configurations otherwise you will always get a patially succesfull message in RME collection status | Config Archive. 

And about the secondory creditials, No you don't have to configure this. But it is better to configure it just in case of first credintials failure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: