cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is evalrighttouse license

n.bokhar1
Level 1
Level 1

hi does anyone know what does evalrighttouse license mean i don't know what it is and i can't find anything about on cisco all i know is when you purchase a license it goes to right to use and if you haven't bought a license it is eval that means you can try it for 60 days but what does the eval right to use mean ?

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

An evaluation licence has a limited life time and at the end of this period, the feature is disabled.
With an evaluation right to use licence, you're in evaluation for 60 days and at the end of the period, the licence is moved in a right to use licence, you'll need to buy this licence but there's no feature disabled after the 60 days. This means that if you forgot to buy your licence during the 60 days, your production isn't impacted but as these licenses are honour based, you'll need to buy them or deactivate them after the 60 days period.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

@Francesco Molino wrote:
Hi

An evaluation licence has a limited life time and at the end of this period, the feature is disabled.
With an evaluation right to use licence, you're in evaluation for 60 days and at the end of the period, the licence is moved in a right to use licence, you'll need to buy this licence but there's no feature disabled after the 60 days. This means that if you forgot to buy your licence during the 60 days, your production isn't impacted but as these licenses are honour based, you'll need to buy them or deactivate them after the 60 days period.

Thanks, this explains well.  Is there any published note or URL about this? That would help a lot.

I believe there's a document saying this but don't have any link right now, sorry.

I'm sure you can find it in Cisco website if look at license for your device.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: