cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the best way to deal with CONSULTANTS needing internet access

agrayson
Level 1
Level 1

I have from time to time consultants that come in and want interenet access for VPN...PPTP conections ETC. This is a private IP network behind a FW thats NAT/PAT to an edge router for internet traffic. I dont want them on my network at all because it is getting old having to reconfigure the FW to allow there connections like VPN or PPTP or what ever...I have an extra 3550 that can be DHCP server and VLAN but I will have to NAT on the internet router...and there are the normal issues with VPN and NAT...suggestions

Thanks

2 Replies 2

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

check out the following link for information on the various VPN solutions, hope this helps :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_tech_note09186a00800946ba.shtml

w.kuhn
Level 1
Level 1

Suppose it's a common problem on any private network...

To ensure entegrity and security of network, no foreign devices should be allowed on network neither should you allow webmail of any sorts.

As for contractors... best solution we have found was having a dedicated standalone PC on broadband or a connection for laptop for those contractors... if they want mobility then give them a wireless broadband on loan.