cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When i disable PC firewall then Vlan to Vlan ping work, otherwise doesn't get reply

JI-RAJU
Level 1
Level 1

I have one SG350-28 Manageable L3 and one is old Linksys SRW224G4 L2 Switch. So i configured 2 VLANs on L2 switch and assign the port fa0/2 as acces port and also define access vlan 2 for Vlan 2 and same for Vlan 3 on fa0/3 and G1 as trunk port and also encapsulation dot1q not showing in L3 Sw.

L2 SW- vlan 2(fa0/2) and 3 (fa0/3) and trunk (G1)

L3- Put ip on interface vlan 2- 162.16.2.1 255.255.255.0 and Vlan 3- 162.16.3.1 255.255.255.0 

PC 0 IP- 162.16.2.2 and PC1 IP- 162.16.3.2

Trunk on L3- on int Gi1

The problem is when i ping from the L3 sw to Both pc thn ping reply but whn i ping pc0 to pc1 thn nothing reply whn i disable pc firewall on both pc the it's ok.

I'm new in this community so anything wrong thn please consider :D

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per your description, you need to add FW rule to allow Ping. (test and advise)

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/allow-pings-icmp-echo-request-through-your-windows-vista-firewall/

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as per your description, you need to add FW rule to allow Ping. (test and advise)

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/allow-pings-icmp-echo-request-through-your-windows-vista-firewall/

BB

Thanks to you for rapid reply but in my office we have 700 PC , so if i do it manually. It's so.... . So there any option in L3 switch to accept this ICMP Echo Reqest and another question was switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q doesn't show in L3 Switch . So anything .....Plz 

if you have centralise SCCM, should take care of it.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: