cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where does LMS 2.5 store text configs?

DAVID NOONAN
Level 1
Level 1

In LMS 2.1 RME kept a text version of the config file with a human readable name in the directory D:/Progra~1/CSCOpx/files/archive/shadow/.

There's no such directory for LMS 2.5 and I'm hoping they've just moved it rather than doing away with it. Does anyone know where the config files are?

I found the directory D:\Programs\CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\devfiles where RME keeps configs based on numbers it assigned but I don't know off the top of my head which device is number 18, I need something that says ATLANTArtr-01.

I'd like to allow the folks in AsiaPac access to these configs so without having to create a CiscoWorks login in for them and then writing a 27 step how-to to tell them where the config files are at.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tobias Heisele
Level 1
Level 1

There is also a directory CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\shadow, but you have to enable it. Try RME/Admin/Config Mgmt\Archive Mgmt - there is a checkbox "enable shadow directory"

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tobias Heisele
Level 1
Level 1

There is also a directory CSCOpx\files\rme\dcma\shadow, but you have to enable it. Try RME/Admin/Config Mgmt\Archive Mgmt - there is a checkbox "enable shadow directory"

Thank you. CWorks buries options in so many different places I would never have found that on my own.

For anyone else who might like to know:

When I first tried to enable it I got this error:

"Could not save new settings.

Cause: "ConfigMgmtServer" service is running.

Action: Stop "ConfigMgmtServer" service before applying the settings."

You have to go to Common Services\Server\Admin\Processes, check the box next to ConfigMgmtServer, click the stop button, then go enable the shadow directory and then re-start ConfigMgmtServer.

iswift
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Unfortunately you've hit the nail on the head with the device labels.

You may have noticed all the 'raw' configs have a .cfg extension.

As each config should have the device name in it, I can only suggest giving your users access to the ...dcma\devfiles directory and then getting them to search on files called *.cfg containing the text, for example, ATLANTArtr-01.

Rgs,

Ian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card