Views
Helpful
Replies

Which IOS for 2811

majed.balsharaf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know which IOS should I download for my 2811 router to get all ip sla features

Router(config)# ip sla ?

<1-2147483>   Entry Number

auto

enable

Note this is from my 2951 router.

I need full features like this in my 2811 router.so which IOS should I download.

Thanks for the help in advance

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

www.cisco.com/go/fn

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any feature set past the most basic (IP Base) will have IP SLA. The version number isn't important as much as the feature set - IP SLA has been around for years.

Note feature set upgrades are not free - you need to purchase the license in order to have the right to use the software. The product data sheet lists all of the available feature sets. (See Table 9 here.)

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are some architectural changes in IOS from versions 15 onwards, where licensing has been introduced. On those 15.x.

The new generation products and IOS are shipped with a universal IOS image that contains all the features available for use on the routers. The specific feature set is activated by the use of technology package licenses such as Security, Unified Communications and Data.

So in them the default IP Base doesn't have IP SLA Enabled by default. Following is the IOS Packaging Model for 1900, 2900 and 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers which shows under which Technology package what features are activated and subsequently carried further if higher package is enabled :

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco