Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Which OID TO SNMP poll for the chassis number of an ASA 5585?

Trying to create a report that lists chassis Serial number for all my Cisco devices and have been using CiscoChassisSerialNumber and chassisSerialNumberString and chassisId to poll for chassis Serial number over a range of different Cisco devices successfully but when I try these on an ASA 5585 they're not supported. I did a MIB walk on the box both standard and private MIB walk and I can't see anything to poll for Chassis serial number. I can poll entPhysicalSerialNum but this does not give me back just the chassis serial number.

Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Beginner

I dont have a 5585 to test it

I dont have a 5585 to test it on, but I ran snmpwalk against a 5505 and 5550 and found the serial number listed here for both of them:

Cisco Employee

with 5585 , there is a known

with 5585 , there is a known issue/ BUG
CSCuh58074 Chassis serial number missing in entity mib on 5585
check the BUG , upgrading the code will have the fix of the issue.
Thanks-
Afroz
**Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
5 REPLIES 5
Beginner

I dont have a 5585 to test it

I dont have a 5585 to test it on, but I ran snmpwalk against a 5505 and 5550 and found the serial number listed here for both of them:

Beginner

Hi Brian, thanks for the

Hi Brian, thanks for the input. Unfortunately I tried that OID against each of the 6 5585's we have and either got a "no value was returned" or "this OID is not supported" so I'm beginning to guess that AfroJ's comment re a bug on 5585's might be the issue? I'll pursue that line of investigation now. Happy new year to you, I'm trying to rate your answer but when I click on the stars the page just refreshes and the stars don't get selected? Do I need a certain amount of user points or something to rate answers?
Beginner

Was able to rate after

Was able to rate after replying to you? Anyway thanks again!

Cisco Employee

with 5585 , there is a known

with 5585 , there is a known issue/ BUG
CSCuh58074 Chassis serial number missing in entity mib on 5585
check the BUG , upgrading the code will have the fix of the issue.
Thanks-
Afroz
**Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Beginner

Hi AFROJ thanks for the reply

Hi AFROJ thanks for the reply, I've been trying to do a search on "CSCuh58074 Chassis serial number missing in entity mib on 5585" and it only directs me back to this very page? However a search for Chassis serial number missing in entity mib on 5585 gets me here...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa93/release/notes/asarn93.html

All of our 5585's are running 9.1(2/4) so I can gather from these release notes that this is a bug that wasn't fixed until 9.3(1). The latest recommended stable release according to Cisco is 9.2 so we won't upgrade beyond that, so I guess we'll just have to live with it! Thanks and Happy New Year

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards