cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why does Template compliance check or deploy take so long?

philip.r.hayes
Level 1
Level 1

I need to know more about the steps and process that RME takes when you run a simple compliancy check. I ran a check against 600 content engines that only checked for NTP statements and it took about 48 hours. At another time, I checked 60 some CATOS switches that took over 36 hours? It doesn't seem to make a difference if you just run a compliancy check or a compliancy & deploy, or just a deploy job. They all take far too long.

In one case, we checked for snmp statements on CATOS switches and the first 15 devices or so only took about 4 minutes. Then it sat there forever and finally finished about 36 hours later.

Are the devices being checked sequentially instead of in parallel?

Finally, is there an improvement to this in LMS 3.x? We are running LMS 2.6 with all the latest service packs and IDU's.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There was a big performance problem in RME 4.0.5, and it was slightly mitigated in RME 4.0.6. However, the real performance fixes didn't go in until RME 4.1.

Your problem sounds like a deeper bug, though. I am at Networkers right now, and I can't analyze this. If this is urgent, I suggest you open a TAC service request, and they can assist you with debugging.