cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Win2008 server release 2 SP1 to SP2 upgrade. Will LMS 4.0.1 break?

Bedevere Curry
Level 1
Level 1

running lms 4.0.1 / win2008 release 2 service pack 2. Will it cause any issues

Found this link but it doesn't mention anything about SP2

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4-0-1/readme/readme.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's been a while since I've run LMS on a windows server but I found that Windows Updates and Service Packs generally didn't affect the LMS server's operations.

To be safe, you might make sure you have a restore point and/or backup in the event that you need to revert. If you have a support contract, you can also open a TAC case proactively and ask the engineer to do a bug search / case notes research for you.

You should also look into getting your LMS up to the most current release - 4.2(5). It fixed a lot of bug since the days of 4.0(1) - that was released 2010-ish - ancient times software-wise. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's been a while since I've run LMS on a windows server but I found that Windows Updates and Service Packs generally didn't affect the LMS server's operations.

To be safe, you might make sure you have a restore point and/or backup in the event that you need to revert. If you have a support contract, you can also open a TAC case proactively and ask the engineer to do a bug search / case notes research for you.

You should also look into getting your LMS up to the most current release - 4.2(5). It fixed a lot of bug since the days of 4.0(1) - that was released 2010-ish - ancient times software-wise. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: